Safety Peer Exchange
Caltrans, along with the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and the California Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP), is hosting a 1 & 1/2 day Local Agency Peer Exchange on safety. Attendance will be limited to 40 targeted participants who are involved in safety for their local agency and/or are either writing up or providing direction in developing HSIP applications.
Registration for those qualified participants will be available by end of December and posted on this blog page.
February 5th, 8:30am to 4:30pm thru
February 6th, 8:30am to 12:30pm
Sacramento State University
6000 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95819
- Learn what strategies that are needed to reduce fatal and serious injuries on local roads in order to meet California’s safety performance objectives
- Learn what your partners have done to systemically deploy low cost countermeasures for their road network both from a rural and urban perspective
- Network with your fellow professional to exchange ideas and strategies
- Suggest ideas to be considered by the local HSIP advisory committee for cycle 10
- Learn what types of HSIP applications were funded for cycle 9 what will be required for cycle 10.
- Learn what one agency is doing to develop a network screening tool that is based on the highway safety manual
- Lunch will be provided on the first day
- Lodging (two nights) for participants will be provided for those who have to travel more than 50 miles
For more information, please contact Tracy Coan, LTAP Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.