Caltrans Division of Local Assistance offers training classes for local agencies in coordination with the Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP) and with funds from the Cooperative Training Assistance Program (CTAP). These classes assist local agencies with the federal-aid process, as well as infrastructure management, worker and work site safety, and workforce development.
Subsidized Classes through Tech Transfer
For a list of all our subsidized infrastructure classes for local agencies, visit UC Berkeley, Tech Transfer.
Upcoming Local Agency Training
Federal Aid Series (5 Day Training)
- 2018/19 Scheduled to be posted soon
Resident Engineers Academy (4 Day Training)
Due to high-demand of the RE Academy, local agencies must first request to attend the training. The list will be forwarded to your DLAE for prioritization. Only 2 to 3 per agency. Local Agency – $360 Consultant, Other – $560
- District 3, October 23-26, 2018, Sacramento – Request to Attend
- District 5, November 13-16, 2018, Santa Barbara – Request to Attend
- District 12, January 29-February 1, 2019, Irvine – Request to Attend
- District 11, March 26-29, 2019, San Diego – Request to Attend
- District 4, April 8-12, San Jose – Request to Attend