Are you involved in your agency’s safety program or HSIP applications?
Caltrans, along with the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and the California Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP), is hosting a 1 & 1/2 day Local Agency Peer Exchange on February 5th and 6th in Sacramento. If you are involved with your agency’s safety program or in developing your agency’s Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) applications, we’d like your attendance at the upcoming Safety Peer Exchange in Sacramento.
40 qualified participants will be selected to participate. If you would like to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your interest along with your role in safety for your local agency.
If you will be staying overnight and are traveling over 50 miles to attend from your home office, let us know if you will need a hotel room. Please indicate so in your email to the California LTAP.
Safety Peer Exchange
February 5th 8:30am to 4:30pm
February 6, 8:30am to 12:30pm
Sacramento State University
6000 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95819
- Learn what strategies are needed to reduce fatal and serious injuries on local roads in order to meet California’s safety performance objectives
- Learn what your partners have done to systemically deploy low cost countermeasures for their road network both from a rural and urban perspective
- Network with your fellow professional to exchange ideas and strategies
- Suggest ideas to be considered by the local HSIP advisory committee for cycle 10
- Learn what types of HSIP applications were funded for cycle 9 and what will be required for cycle 10
- Learn what one agency is doing to develop a network screening tool that is based on the highway safety manual
- Lunch will be provided on the first day
- Lodging (two nights) for participants may be provided for those who travel more than 50 miles from their home office
For more information, please contact the California LTAP Center at email@example.com.